Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Default Vinyl temperature

On Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at 6:01:43 PM UTC-4, Robert Peirce wrote:
On 10/31/16 1:10 PM, Peter Wieck wrote:
Re. tires, the manufacturers of high performance summer tires typicall=

y warn
not to use them below ~40F. The problem is not traction related, the=20
rubber compound
becomes brittle and prone to cracking. Also, one cannot count on=20
friction warming
the treads if the vehicle is driven at low speeds. This link talks about=

=20
using and
storing HPSTs:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...p?techid=3D220

All true. But, HP tires are a different class from the common herd. How=

ever
and furthermore, tires age out in 3-5 (with some few lasting as long as=

=20
10 in
low ozone areas) years - another very seldom understood issue,=20
especially with
Great Aunt Esmeralda, who drives only to church, Bingo, and the market - =

her
tires will be 'done' long before they are 'done'.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

=20
I find tracking your car solves this problem nicely. I can't think of=20
any other reason to use high performance tires. I run all seasons on my=

=20
daily driver.
=20
=20
[ Please bring the conversation back to audio topics. -- dsr ]

Oh, I dunno. Sometimes sidebars have a place in any conversation - and give=
n the scarcity of posts to this group these days, perhaps any conversation =
might be welcome as a 'proof of life'.=20

As to audio stuff, two weekends ago, I paid $40 for the following at a yard=
-sale: Dynaco FM3, ST70, ST80, ST120. The seller stated that they were his =
'rejects'. I asked if he might have any other such items - he replied that =
I should have been there earlier.... Ah, well.=20

And, to be even more risque - I will request for those Americans who are ab=
le within this group that they follow the advice of one Alphonse Gabriel Ca=
pone: Vote early and vote often!

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA