Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Alesis HD24 problem

On 7/27/2016 6:49 PM, Les Cargill wrote:
I hadn't seen the X-48 before - that seems quite a good choice.

I'm thinking many of the PreSonus boxes offer even more than that. If
you can trust them.

Are you thinking about a PreSonus mixer? Or one of their multi-channel
interface boxes? The mixer can be both your mixer and your interface to
the computer. Just one cable between the mixer and the computer is all
you need. But if there's PA involved, either you'll need to get a split
from the PA mixer anyway, or convince whoever is providing the PA, if
it's not you, to use your mixer. Some pretty high profile artists are
using those mixers for their tours when it's a show that it can handle.
32 channels isn't very expensive. But then you have shows like Rush,
with 90 inputs for a three piece band.