Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Alesis HD24 problem

Frank Stearns wrote:

Okay, then you need a device to turn the lightpipe signal into a firewire
signal, then you need a computer with an operating system and some application
that can read from the firewire. Do you have these things and if so what
kind are they?

If such a thing existed, it would be a painful method, as it would likely be
a real-time transfer.

A bunch of them exist, and yes, it's realtime. What's wrong with realtime?

Slipping the hard drive out of the HD24 (as it's designed to do), connecting it to a
computer via a docking station that talks to your DAW, can be a blindingly fast way
to do the transfer.

The new 3rd party software is very fast; I get rates that are probably better than
50x real-time for transfers. (The original Alesis transfer software was probably
around 20-25x.)

What is this software? The only software I know of is the Alesis software.