Posted to rec.audio.pro
Frank Stearns Frank Stearns is offline

Default Alesis HD24 problem

Mike Rivers writes:

On 7/25/2016 6:08 PM, wrote:
I'm wanting to transfer to computer thru 1394 interface

The HD24 connects to a computer through Ethernet (and it's only
10BaseT). Are you talking about the Fireport adapter that plugs into the
back of an HD24 drive? Have you RTFM? You can still get a copy from the
secret Alesis obsolete gear web site:
http://67.192.162.144/fireport

You can also get the software that you have to use with it from the same
web site. It's not just plug-and-play.

And, that software will *not* run under win 7. XP is the last workable OS for the
Alesis transfer software.

However, do a web search for "HD24tools". A fellow in Europe has developed
replacement software by that name that will work with newer operating systems. Also,
it'll work with a wider range of configurations, such as inboard docking stations
rather than the external fireport (but I'm not 100% sure on that last one; I still
have and use my original Alesis fireport for transfers).

Also be aware that an HD24 Yahoo group exists; lots of helpful folks over there.

Frank
Mobile Audio