Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

Default Light stand to mic adapter

On Sun, 5 Feb 2012 11:11:41 -0500, Carey Carlan wrote
(in article ):

Getting a new tall mic stand. Looking at the Avenger A635B with the proper
combination of height (12'), weight (light), price ($125), and color
(black), except that it's a light stand, not a mic stand.

Can't find an adapter from the 5/8" stud to a standard 5/8-27 thread mic
mount. I can find mic on one end and stud on the other, but I need to
mount TO the stud on the stand (requires a setscrew).

AND it should be as small as possible to minimize visual impact. I can rig
a pipe fitting if I have to, but it's ugly.

Get a grip knuckle to mount on the stud and use a goose neck w/5/8 threads in
the knuckle clamp.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Guitar player?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWaPRHMGhGA