Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Light stand to mic adapter

Carey Carlan wrote:
Getting a new tall mic stand. Looking at the Avenger A635B with the proper
combination of height (12'), weight (light), price ($125), and color
(black), except that it's a light stand, not a mic stand.

It's good. It's not heavy to carry. It's heavier than the Manfrotto Highboy
which is now discontinued, but it's entirely respectable.

Can't find an adapter from the 5/8" stud to a standard 5/8-27 thread mic
mount. I can find mic on one end and stud on the other, but I need to
mount TO the stud on the stand (requires a setscrew).

Are you sure it has a 5/8" stud and not an NPT thread that the 5/8"
stud screws into, like the Manfrottos?

If so, your number one option is to get a 5/8-27 die and die handle from
MSC and thread the stud.

Otherwise I would call Calumet Photo and see if they have a handle on some
adaptors.