Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Default Alesis HD24 problem

Mike Rivers wrote:
You will probably have to deal with Alesis to get a replacement.

Romeo Rondeau wrote:
http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--ALECADDY

If that was the part he needed, he could tell because the "faulty" drive
wouldn't work in either hole. What he might need is the part that's
installed in the recorder, not the enclosure for the bare disk drive. I
wasn't aware of the firmware-controlled power switching for the disk
drives that Richard mentioned. That could be a nasty problem to find
since it's difficult, without getting pretty far into the inner
workings, whether it's a hardware or a firmware problem. And if it's a
firmware problem, it could require a replacement or reprogramming of an
EPROM,

me he
)