Posted to rec.audio.pro
Rick Ruskin Rick Ruskin is offline

Default Alesis HD24 problem

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 18:48:40 -0700 (PDT), DienerMusic
wrote:

On Oct 18, 8:29Â*pm, Rick Ruskin wrote:
I just got a used HD24 yesterday. Both supplied drives mount and
operate fine in Bay # 1 but when in Bay 2 they mount and then
dismount. Afterward, the display says "check jumper setting." I find
nothing in the manual about a different jumper setting for Bay 2. The
only thing mentioned is that all drives should be set for
master/single. Any one know what's going on here?
Rick Ruskin
Lion Dog Music - Seattle WAhttp://liondogmusic.comhttp://www.myspace.com/rickruskin

You might want to visit the HD24 yahoogroup. There are a few known
problems involving the physical connection of the drive to the bay.
One fix involves adding plastic washers to the caddy behind the
multipin connector. Essentially the drive is not making full contact
so it dismounts. I've had problems with a particular drive/caddy, and
haven't been able to determine if it's the drive itself or the caddy.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't! Also the HD24 appears to
prefer some brands of harddrive over others. Good Luck!

I've tried all auggestions and nothing helps so far. I have
determined that any drive in bay 2 is not getting power. Swapping the
power connectors makes no difference. All ribbon connectors are
tight. Any ohter suggestions as to what the cause(s) might be?