sancho

Default "Best" SQ subs?

holy ****balls

QUIT THAT

if you want to post here, get a newsreader... or use a service that
allows a PROPER quote...

do you want to be 'that asshole'?

do you want to spam for some forum every time you post?

you are helping the 'owner' of the forum you use to ass up the r.a.c.
and promote his site at the same time.
--
sancho
this post was intended for usenet, if you are reading this post on a

rpgonzalez wrote:

It depends. What inherent advantage do you feel a w7 has? Keep in mind
my
other comments regarding power handling and linear xmax.

The w7 is supposed to have much better SQ than other JL's. Although I
personally disagree.. I think the whole line of JL audio subs is geared
towards more throw and less accuracy. I have witnesses W7's in
different enclosures, although the JL character remains the same. And I
formed this opinion by listening, not formed the opinion then listened.
I dont know how these guys engineer the differences.. but I have been
able to identify a JL just by getting in a strangers car.

You can easily get any sub to "hit lower" than a Shiva if you had the
right
box and a sub with the right excursion capabilities.

wouldnt excursion capabilitiy be a characteristic of the woofer and not
the box?

"Sense" or hear?

sorry, I f*cked that whole part up. I really wanted to go into detail
about the "down to 15 Hz" statement, but I was at work and just threw
something in... something that Im sorry to say insulted many people's
intelligence (probably). Really, I wanted to touch upon the fact that
the sub Steve was referring to that goes down to 15Hz is probably not
noticeable in real life. Yes, the bottom line is 15 Hz, but there is
also a drop off rate preceeding that 15 Hz. Maybe the sub starts
dropping off @ 50Hz. Lets say both a 15Hz sub and a 20Hz sub start
dropping at 50Hz. By the time you get to the range between 15Hz and
20Hz, the differences should be... negligible. i can eloborate more
maybe, but I have to play ratchet and clank now..
--
rpgonzalez
CarAssioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online!