MZ

Default "Best" SQ subs?

*Some on here claim that the difference between woofers is
negligible,
as long as they can handle enough power and are put in the right
enclosure
to achieve the desired tuning and efficiency. I tend to agree with
that
assertion. It's very easy to compensate for most TS params by
modifications
of an enclosure. I think Steve is putting a little too much weight
into the
numbers (as he commonly does ) and the notion that some subs
are
strictly for "SQ purposes" and others for SPL. *

dissssssagreeeeeee..... "compensating" and changing a box for TS is
different from how a sub is manufactured to sound. To say that the
differences between woofers is negligible is ludicrous. so I can make
my kicker sound as good as a w7?

It depends. What inherent advantage do you feel a w7 has? Keep in mind my
other comments regarding power handling and linear xmax.

This would have to be true using the
word "negligible." I have heard this argument before... and its usually
from people who make boxes for a living. I tested this theory out with
various combos.

The first time I tested this was when an installer tried to convice me
that a W0 in his custom box will "blow away" a W3 in a pre-fab. HA! The
result...well, I ended up with my W3 in the pre-fab. Other examples I
have include making boxes and switching woofers in a HT application.
The Shiva hit lower than any sub in any box.

You can easily get any sub to "hit lower" than a Shiva if you had the right
box and a sub with the right excursion capabilities.

oh.. and ps. I think humans cannot sense anything below 20hz. I may be
wrong!

"Sense" or hear?