Jeff Albright

Default "Best" SQ subs?

keith wrote in news:0auJb.5988$TB.2482
@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com:

Velodyne

My Velodyne 10/12 VA series is at least 4 yrs old..and continues to
provide me with low resonant pleasure. But I thought that was for Home
applications.

I have a 96 Explorer 4X4 XLT with Cadence ZX-5's 5 inch components up
front. Polk GXR57's for rear fill. I have an Alpine CDA-7892 HU,
complimented by an Alpine CHA-S634 CD-Changer. I'm using a Planet Audio
TT2150,300 watts when bridged; to power a Pioneer TS-W35C 12 inch sub.
With 500 watt peak power handling; 91dB 20Hz-4,000Hz.

I'm using a GM-X374 to power the Cadences. Let me just say, it works for
me. I'm thoroughly pleased with the sound quality. I practically look for
excuses to be in my truck now. The Pioneer for the money..hits loud and
hard. The nice thing about having an SUV is that you get all of that low
resonance in the cab with you. Its just Thick with bass. Like a heavy
fog. You get a low audible Thump from the outside. So my fellow Negros
are not sure what I have inside. Keeps em from getting too curious. And
that's with the Planet Audio gains set at less than half, with the Alpine
bass @0, and the sub setting at 0- as well.

I'm 46..and I don't feel as though I need to compete with anyone. I can
barely listen to my system above a volume level of 12-13. I would like to
be able to hear it when I'm 50. You young kids mind your hearing..you'll
miss it once its gone. There is no distortion, or muddying of the bass. I
get clear crisp sound, with excellent mid-bass. I'm very happy. I listen
to mostly Jazz and Gospel. So the Bass element is quite heavy, and
satisfying. If your on a budget, and not too readily ruled by your
testosterone, get the Pioneer.
jeff