Jason Walter

Default port to close to speaker box wall?

I am building a box where the port needs to be 9" long. My max inside
dimension is 11". Will that put the port too close to the box wall to allow
adequate airflow?

The application is not car audio. Actually, home audio. A custom cabinet
company built a cabinet to the wrong width/depth dimensions of a speaker.
This made it impossible for the speakers to fit in the cabinet. After much
searching, we found that no comparable speakers will fit.

The cabinet guy decided to rebuild the speaker cabinet to new dimensions,
but keep the interior volume. Everything should work as long as I can deal
with the port issue.

Thanks,
Jason