Eddie Runner

Default COmpetence and Expereince speaker protection

Its a legit question ... All my guys are somewhat involved in
electronics, all
but my 1 afterschool helper are active ham radio operators with valid
liscenses, it
does take a passing score on a goverment test to get the liscense, and it
proves
they have a resonable electronics background.... Everyone here has
passed my
own installer test as well - http://installer.com/tech/test.html
Some of them are even MECP certified but thats not something I require,
experience
and the HAM test far surpass the MECP requirements IMO... They can all
operate
a meter, an osciloscope, an oscillator, and they all have been trained by
me in
troubleshooting techniques....

But still I sometimes hear my guys answer the odd question by a customer
in a way
I would not answer it.... Sometimes in my own store I hear the MYTHS
retold by
my own people.... it happens! and no one knows everything...... Week
before last
even I told a customer something would work and it didnt work, I was sure
positive,
I would have bet on it, and it ends up I was mistaken bigtime.... Oh
well... ?? ha ha

But still, shop around, most of the shops are staffed by folks that can
handle the
average customer (maybe) but few are staffed by anyone that knows much
about audio
or car installation of anything past the basic PLUG IN HARNESS and MOUNT
THE
KIT installation.....

Here is a good story, I have told it before but you may or may not have
heard it...
In the old days there were none of the wire harnesses like we have today,
installers
from my generation had to CUT the wires and figgure out what each wire was
as we
installed the car stereos....

When the wire harnesses started coming out in the early 1990s the problem
for a
store owner like me was that the installers tended to give the harness
away with the
install, so I had my guys do it the old fasioned way for many years, I
always told
them it made them a much better installer than the installers at the
average shop...

One of my installers that worked here about 7 years earned his engineering

degree and went from here to work at NASA... Once he
told me that my training has heled his so much when working at NASA he
thanked
me for making him do things like wire the radios the hard way because it
made
him better! Here is a picture of my ex installer Brandt (also a ham
radio operator
BTW) he is in a space suit working in the NBL (Neutral Boyancy Labratory)
where he taught the astronauts how to use tools in space to build the
space station.
http://installer.com/tech/Welker.jpg

Makes me think my guys are at least a little above average... ;-)

Eddie Runner
River Oaks Car Stereo HOUSTON

Paul Vina wrote:

Its not absurd at all!
SHOP AROUND, you might find it is the NORM to find car audio stores

staffed with
idiots!
SHOP AROUND! ha ha ha

Eddie Runner

Is yours? lmao! I had to do it Eddie! J/K

Paul Vina