EFFENDI

Default speaker protection

Soundfreak03 wrote:
Now i I neither lie nor am I ignorant. So by that i am a bit offended.

You should not be. I said people either lie, as in they know the truth and say
otherwise, or they are ignorant. Now ignorant was not meant as an insult, it
just means that you lack the knowledge. And you even admit you dont know, that
it was just what you were told. You take things however you wish.

You seem to have a problem understanding that this is how I was taught
by these companies. And i am assuming pug as well.

You seem to have a problem understanding that they were wrong. They never
provided you scientific proof.
And did you ever think to question the sales rep?? 9 out of 10 times they send
out a marketing or sales rep to educate you, not an engineer. I have been to
several of these and never once gotten an engineer, It does happen though.

Now with your
attitude i guess i am safe in assuming you are one of these people mecp
certified probably from a course with a strong knowledge in electrical
THEORY with little or no actual hands on.

And you would assume wrong. I have obtained most of my knowledge by reading AND
experimenting. My hands on experience is quite extensive.
So do you think that an installer that has a solid background in electrical
theory would not be a better installer? You must have the theory first before
you can apply it. Just knowing this is how you do something but not knowing why
makes someone a competent installer, but it would be hard for them to be more
than just that. If you do not have the knowledge how can you manipulate it to
make it fit the situation you are trying to correct.

Probably been in the industry
3-5 years.

Made a living at it for 5 years, but it has since become a hobby, an expensive
one, and now I make my living as a Pro audio engineer. Way more fun for me, and
you sure as hell better have a good background in electrical theory or your
likely to get yourself or someone else hurt.

The best installer i have evr seen was a drummer. With no
knowledge in physics.

So? Do you think he would have benefited from it? I never said you could not be
a good installer but I think you would be a better one if you added more
knowledge.

Lets end this with this. In no way was I defending underpowering blows
speakers. I was defending this is the way we were taught back in the
day.

Well they taught you wrong. I am pointing that out. If you have some reason to
think I am wrong then we will discuss it, but we have to discuss it on a
scientific level because the excuse of thats the way I was taught just doesnt
have alot of weight.

I also stated that it would make sense that underpowering couldnt
blow speakers.

Good. Then why defend the way you were taught? Why not go with your sense and
find out why? If it makes sense to you that underpowering does not blow
speakers then why did you not question those people telling you just that?

As for my customers i tend to stay off that subject all
together.

But it will come up and what do you tell them? Being able to give the customer
a correct consice answer makes you a better installer. If you cannot give them
the correct answer then they may continue to believe the lies and then the
myths perpetuate. If you love car audio so much why would you want that to
continue?

I would think that an edumacated person like youself would have some
english comprehension to back up that physics degree of yours.

I understood you perfectly. I merely said that you are doing a disservice to
your customers by not being able to inform them the correct answer. So maybe
your comprehension skills could use a little work.
Oh ya, you still didnt quote. It is really not that hard and you look a lot
more intelligent when you can figure out that simple feature.

Les

Back at it again Les????

EFFENDI