Soundfreak03

Default speaker protection

A speaker is designed to play a sine wave, not a square wave or a saturated
signal.

A speaker does not care as long as you do not exceed the thermal limits. What
part of that dont you understand??
Sure it sounds bad but unless you give it more power than it can handle then it
will not damage it. That has been the whole point of this thread. Yet you STILL
think that a square wave or whatever wave will damage a speaker. It is not that
simple. I am still waiting for you to bring some evidence to back up the points
you have made in this thread. So far you have provided nithing.

To Cujo;
You have a responsibility to your customers and the car audio business in
general to have accurate knowledge. I am glad that you have had no returns but
if you continue the misinformation about power ratings and "underpowering" and
clipping you are doing a disservice to you customers. Keeping a myth alive
whether by lying or by ignorance is not helping people understand audio. Give
an installer a solid basis in physics and electronics and they will be 10 times
more effective.
I cannot think of anyone that would disagree with this.
BTW: when you reply qoute the text you are talking about so that everyone can
follow, otherwise we never know.

Les