BANDIT2941

Default speaker protection

I only had 2 semesters of physics, but I would think that an amp overdriven
far beyond its capabilites would create some distortion that would cause the
speaker to freak out and heat up.

And the speaker would freak out how? The speaker doesn't have a mind, it simply
plays what is fed to it. It really isn't that complicated of a concept to
grasp. As long as it can handle the power being fed to it, the speaker will
play whatever its given.

You should re-read all posts in this thread, as well as look at the link Mr.
Zarella posted to an article he wrote. Some smart people have posted on this
thread in response to you, something they really didn't need to take their time
to do; since they basically reiterated the same points in different ways to try
to make you understand. There is a lot to be learned by going over those
postings.

I appreciate the physical evidence layed out by Mark and others.

Jamie