Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Monitors - Is More Expensive Always More Neutral?

On 13/10/2018 00:11, wrote:

I want to hear the song itself Mike - not anything
added to or subtracted from it - by the speakers
or equipment themselves. I guess one could call
that 'transparency'. The same thing I do for TVs
in my sideline calibration trade.

Don't forget the most important thing in any listening environment,
which is the room the speakers are in. It can make a great speaker sound
bad, or a bad speaker sound acceptable.

If, as you say, you calibrate video displays, you need to specify the
conditions they will be used in, as the apparent colours on the screen
vary according to the ambient lighting.

The only way to hear "the song itself" is to go to a live performance in
a good sounding rooom. *All* reproduction chains have colouratioms and
distortions.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.