Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default audio term that's parallel to "vivid" for video

On 7/08/2018 2:19 AM, wrote:
I've been searching for a low-tech but accurate word for clean and clear audio. Comprehensible and intelligible seem to be the most common choices. But they are related to cognition more so than fidelity to me. After a few days and being disappointed with what I have come up with, I am soliciting suggestions. When describing video, "vivid" is a great word - it's simple and well-known. There should be a perfectly parallel word for audio, but it's eluding me. Thanks in advance for your verbal contributions!

- DK

'Glaring' maybe ? I take it by 'vivid' you are referring to the likes
of near-flourescent grass, etc ?

geoff