Peter Larsen

Mark & Mary Ann Weiss wrote:

The video is good and helpful.

The orchestra was recorded with a five mike array that I assembled.

Recently posted my thought on such an array, don't want to re-iterate.

URL? Subject line?

This forum, orchestral mic(s) or sumthing, here is the essence:

Brucks sputnik however is a square frame, probably 6 to 8 inches each
side with a cardiod at each corner, and thus 90 degrees between each and
every. Output is discrete 4 channel. I would probably not do it quite
like that, imo it is possibly better to have all 4 cards on the same
cross-bar.

The modern version would be to use 5 cards on a ring at most 1 foot in
diamater, probably as small as can be - ie. so that the XLR plugs touch
in the center, it can not be smaller. Perhaps even with a central omni
for bass only. Just an idea, not tested, a paraphrase over a DPA
suggestion for deploying omnis ....

More comments later, no time right now ...

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

* The Vienna Copyright convention applies *