Posted to rec.audio.pro
Laurence Payne[_2_] Laurence Payne[_2_] is offline

Default Opera: Good acoustics with digital piano or bad acoustics with acoustic piano

On Tue, 9 Dec 2008 16:31:51 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

I'm doing an opera recital recording for my client's
audition cd. I have the option of doing the recording in
my not-so-hot sounding livingroom with an acoustic baby
grand or at a local church with nice acoustics but a
roland digital piano.

Just because it is an electronic piano, doesn't eliminate the possibility of
it sounding good.

Very much depends on how it is mixed and what the speakers at church sound
like.

Not for this project. Opera accompaniment demands a real piano that
does all the real pianistic things. It's still just a different
animal.