Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Isolated Vocal

Peter Irwin wrote:
------------------
Phil Allison:

** Here is another song from the same session, a huge hit at the time, " Somebody to Love " - written by Grace's husband.

I'm pretty certain that Darby Slick was her brother-in-law.

** Yes, I wrongly assumed it was her hubby cos of the same surname.

It is
an amazing song - even if I still haven't quite got what "your
mind is so full of bread" means.

** The word sung is "red" - an expression of anger. Numerous lyric sheets I looked at on line say so & it sounds like "red" to me.

Dead garden flowers infers something beautiful has gone - Wiki informs us Darby wrote the song in response his girlfriend's hostile departure.

FYI:

Jimi Hendrix wrote the lyrics to "Wind Cries Mary" for his then girlfriend to atone for criticising her cooking when she made inedible mash potato ( his favourite dish ) one evening. Mary was her middle name. It was recorded in London in January 1967, just two months after Somebody to Love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC0zYgLtm8U

..... Phil