Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Isolated Vocal

Scott Dorsey wrote:
------------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyMtIwobqbI

It's the isolated vocal of a famous recording, from 1967.

(snip)

What if a young lady came along with that kind of request and on first attempt produced exactly what you hear in the vid ??

Well, first I'd ask for a second take for protection, because you should
always do that.

** Fair enough.

And then I'd ask if she'd ever tried singing tenor parts, like say Nessun
Dorma? She could do it.

** That would make the young lady smile.

She screams, she growls,
but she's never off key and it never breaks.
The timing is weird and she's
not always on the beat but she can hit every note solid.

** The rhythm is a borrow from Ravel's Bolero.

I think Grace sings a tad behind the beat for effect a few times.

BTW:

She wrote the song too, prior to joining Jefferson Airplane, who were surprised when it became a hit.

...... Phil