Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Peter Wieck[_2_] Peter Wieck[_2_] is offline

Default More than 30W per chanel Class A transistor amps

On Thursday, February 7, 2019 at 3:05:59 PM UTC-5, Howard Stone wrote:

I've decided to take a Electrocompaniet ECI-2 on a trial, it's not pure class A but I'll give it a go. The JR149s are by no means big speakers, but they have a reputation of performing much better if driven by a powerful amp. If it doesn't work out, then I can see a Krell KSA 100 with the offer of a trial -- though I'm a bit concerned about preamps (I only have the Quad 34 and a passive) I also noticed a cheap Sugden A21i for sale, but it's a small amp in terms of output -- may work though.

Just curious: Have you ever tried a basic Brute Force amp? Something over 200 wpc @ 8 ohms? Not Phase Linear, but something well made.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA