Posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod polymod is offline

Default Audio Editor vs. DAW: Whats the Difference?

"Nil" wrote in message ...

On 19 Aug 2017, jtees4 wrote in rec.audio.pro:

For awhile, I used Reaper to record and mix everything and then
master in Audition...I guess I was just more familiar with it.
Then I got a new computer and didn't load Audition inti it, and
have not used it since.

I use Audition for surgical edits - fix a crackle here, fix a plosive
there, small edits that would be difficult or impossible in Reaper
itself. And I also use it to check my rendered file - the waveform
display is more detailed, so I can better see if there are any
overages, check the head and tail silences, etc. Audition is still
always part of my process.

What I love about reaper is, I know what I
need to know....whenever anything else comes up...I simply go into
Google and typw "reaper blah blah blah" and get instant info from
multiple sources on what I am trying to do.

Yeah, that's great. Lots of user resources and video tutorials. The PDF
manual is also excellent and very complete.

I bring that manual with me on vacations. Seriously. I'm amazed at the stuff
I find after multiple readings.

Poly

---