Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers?

On 7/28/2013 9:03 PM, wrote:

There is nothing any bench technician can do unless the FX chip or entire motherboard is upgraded.
I emailed Behringer about upgrade and got only auto-response.

This is a problem that your dealer should take care of. Take it back to
him, show him the problem, ask him to get another one from stock ant
check it out. If that one is broken as well, get your money back and buy
something else.

It's possible that they got some bad chips, or maybe they hadn't fully
adapted their production line to lead-free soldering yet and there's a
bad solder joint. Surely they wouldn't let a design like that get out of
the factory. But, yes, it does sound pretty bad.

But let me ask this - where's the master level pot set, and where's the
monitor volume set? If you were to run a normal level signal through the
mixer with those settings and the input gain set so that the channel
level is correct, would it be at a reasonable listening volume, or would
it blow your speakers or your ears?

--
For a good time, call
http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com