Posted to rec.audio.car
D.Kreft D.Kreft is offline

Default Bass Blockers - Type of capacitor to use?

On Nov 15, 6:16 am, (GregS) wrote:

Bass blockers are a poor substitute for active crossovers. The bass blocker
increases driving impedance causing the resonant peak of the midrange to
further increase.

Well, if he's poor, then the "poor" solution may be his only option at
present. :-)

But yeah, nothing beats an electronic crossover...you should be able to
pick one up for about $150 or so. I once bought an L.A. Sound crossover
for my mom's car for $99. It produced a noticeable detrimental impact
on the brightness of the tweeters (substandard electronics), but at
least she never fried her midrange speakers. :-)

-dan