Clyde Slick

"Robert Morein" wrote in message
George M. Middius wrote:

Robert Morein said:

WASHINGTON - A London-to-Washington flight was diverted to Maine

That's our government at work. Causing the airliner the additional
expense when they could have kicked him out in Dallas.

That would be a hell of shortcut. Geography much? ;-)

Dallas, Dulles, Maine, Washington DC. Idiotic diversion, for no real
purpose except to show how ineffective passenger screen really is. And
then they punish the Carrier for the govt's screw-up.

Your sure it wasn't the State of Washington

The diversion itself was unnecessary, in hindsight; they could have handled
it at Dulles,
but I don't know what exact information they had at the time.
Maybe they only knew there was a passenggger on the do not fly
list on the plane, but didn't know it was merely an undesirable
rather than a terrorist. Better safe than sorry, AFA a plane heading
to Washington, DC.