Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Scott[_6_] Scott[_6_] is offline

Default Sony gets serious about high-resolution audio, again

On Friday, September 20, 2013 4:24:56 PM UTC-7, Andrew Haley wrote:
Audio_Empire wrote:

In article ,

Andrew Haley wrote:

The last thing we need is a niche audiophile-only format.

Well, while it's probably not the LAST thing we need (that would be

another manufacturer of $4000+ one-meter interconnect cables ), it is a

niche audiophile market, just like vinyl.

I don't think that vinyl is an audiophile-only product: it's the

trendy kids who like retro-everything who are buying it. The trouble

for SACD is that it doesn't have that market.

True but it is multi-channel and supports fans of multi-channel remixes of old stereo recordings that were done in multi track. Not my cup of tea but it is a meaningful market