Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio_Empire Audio_Empire is offline

Default Sony gets serious about high-resolution audio, again

In article ,
ScottW wrote:

On Friday, September 6, 2013 4:15:03 PM UTC-7, wrote:
One might ask why high rez matters beyond a marketing plan. This when cd
blue book is not demonstrated to be distinguishable from it.

Sony has a new line of digital hardware that stores and plays most high rez
formats.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-57...s-about-high-r
esolution-audio-again/?part=rss&subj=news&tag=title

I think it's simply that the latest generation of DACs all support
hi-rez formats. Makes little sense not support them.
The on board storage is a bit more interesting and even better is the
control from my android tablet where I can select whatever I want with
a slide of my finger

If Sony wanted to knock it out of the park...they should offer a few
pre-loaded drive options. AE could get the classics...I would opt for
mix of blues and alternative. Doesn't Sony still have quite a
catalog?

ScottW

They should. They purchased Columbia Records' complete Archive of pop,
jazz and classical (Columbia Masterworks) and then continued to record
for the Sony Label, after that. They have the entire Columbia
discography of such musical luminaries as Miles Davis, Bruno Walter,
Leonard Bernstein, Eugene Ormandy and the Philadelphia Orchestra, Georg
Szell and the Cleveland Orchestra, Bob Dylan, Simon and Garfinkle, The
Rock Band Chicago, pianist Glenn Gould, and guitarist John Williams , to
name a few.