Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio_Empire Audio_Empire is offline

Default The death of audio

Audio_Empi
I have just the opposite problem. My big Pioneer Elite rear-projector HD
TV is too old to have any HDMI inputs. As a result, I have a Blu-Ray.."

I think it was only the last two model years that TV mfgs decided to
scale wayyyy back on rcas and really bone up on hidmees.

My Sony Blu-Ray player DOES have PbPrY outputs, and it outputs HD from
NetFlix, Amazon, etc. Internet streaming video sites, but it won't
output HD from a Blu-Ray disc and in fact, it plays Blu-Ray HD discs
ONLY as 480i, It won't even output 480p over component except from
standard Definition DVD videos! What a load of paranoid bullpuckey. As
if any pirate is going to to make analog copies of Blu-Ray HD content.
It's simply a ploy by the manufacturers to get people to buy new
equipment. Anti-Piracy my arse!

[ Please turn the topic back to audio matters. -- dsr ]