Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default Bridge or Center Tap?

"Roger Jones"
Phil Allison wrote:
"Charles"
"Paul D. Spiegel"

For my next project I have acquired a transformer with two identical
450v

secondary windings.

(snip)

** Be far easier to do the test I suggested - OR, with your test, use a

simple current meter in the primary - OR just wait and see if the
tranny

warms any more than usual.

Do it the way Phil says... voltage or current measurement, voltage is a
bit
easier.
The warming-up test is less precise, hard to remember how warm was warm!

** All you need to do is measure the resistance of the secondary winding
when at room temp and then when it has warmed.

The higher the resistance, the warmer the windings are getting.

..... Phil