Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ron Capik[_3_] Ron Capik[_3_] is offline

Default THE LOUDNESS WAR IS REAL!

On 2/11/2012 6:09 PM, ChrisCoaster wrote:
On Feb 11, 5:54 pm, Ron wrote:
On 2/11/2012 5:21 PM, ChrisCoaster wrote:

On Feb 11, 1:30 pm, Ron wrote:

I bought a Ventures CD several years back. The cover
art was identical to the old LP. Nothing to indicate that
it was any different from the LP. It wasn't compresses
to hell, it was disco-ized. The thing was un-listen-able.

Later...
Ron Capik
--
_________________________
Well, sounds like SOMETHING was done to it. They probably stuck a

BTW I've done the same thing in Audacity to older tracks that were
from LP master tapes that contained nothing below 60-70Hz. But I did
it conservatively and by constantly analyzing and listening to what I
was doing.
The Ventures post-producers probably just applied a boiler plate EQ to
the low end and ****ED it all up!

-CC

No, they screwed with the tempo. I never listened
enough to hear what else they screwed with.

Later...
Ron Capik

______________________
Man! I'd love to get a RIP of that CD! I'd at least re-equalize the
songs and slow them down.

LOL!

Seems I didn't quite make myself clear. So I sent
Chris a clip. I'll leave it to him review it if he cares.
Again, there's NOTHING anywhere in the packaging
to suggest that this was anything but a transcription.

I don't believe he still wants "a RIP of that CD."

Later...
Ron Capik