Posted to rec.audio.pro
ChrisCoaster ChrisCoaster is offline

Default THE LOUDNESS WAR IS REAL!

On Feb 11, 12:34*pm, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
ChrisCoaster wrote:
And this is not just limited to Michael Jackson. *If you were to go
into a store today and purchase, say "Shakedown Street"(1978) on CD by
the Gratful Dead, EVEN IT BORE NO INDICATION OF BEING REMASTERED OR A
"REISSUE", CHANCES ARE IT HAS BEEN ****ED WITH AND WILL NEVER SOUND
LIKE THE LP MASTER AGAIN.

Actually, you picked one of the few exceptions. *The Dead have been
very, very careful about CD reissues and getting them right, probably
more so than any other organization out there.

What's really sad is to find old folk and jazz stuff that has been
crushed... there's _no reason_ to do it.

Well I've learned my lessons Scott: I'm buying no more 'reissues",
"ReMasters", or "Greatest Hits" compilations! It's off to the
"Friends of the Library" used music section and used record stores and
tag sales for this old fogey!

-ChrisCoaster