Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Default Mackie Onyx 1640i, Allan and Heath ZED R16 (and other $2000 mixers)

adam79 wrote:

On 9/10/10 10:05 PM, hank alrich wrote:

Are you planning to use the mixer for live sound as well as for
recording?

This will be the main part of the home studio I'm starting. I like how
the Mackie has an output for every input just incase I have a client
that wants to record reel to reel. I'd be able to rent a reel to reel
and use it with the Mackie, the A&H wouldn't let me do that. This is a
far out scenario, but the option is nice.

Have you ever alinged and calibrated an analog deck?

As far as the mic-pres go, mostly every person who has tried both agrees
that if you know what you're doing, the difference in mic-pre quality
really doesn't justify it being a deal breaker.

Frankly, my own opinion is that the Mackie pres, once you get to the
Onyx line, are better.

http://armadillomusicproductions.com/who'slistening.html
http://www.sonicbids.com/HankandShai...withDougHarman