Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jwvm@umich.edu is offline

Default Wierd waveforms.

On Apr 18, 1:59*pm, "
wrote:
Crap...sorry, some of those image links in the last message were wrong
(the first one).

Here they are again:

Non symmetrical looking waveform in Audacity on my "new" PC:http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gx1nuWE9

And it looks the same in the DAW application "Reaper" on my "new" PC:http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV2iDhY9

So, I loaded this same audio file (the undulating one) into both of
these older pieces of software. *Lo and behold - the waveform looks
symmetrical - the way I am "used" to seeing it!

Diamond Cut Audio on my "old" PC:http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pq2jK5jA

Samplitude on my ancient (but beloved) Amiga:http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gx1nZHK9

What you describe is very strange. The same file look completely
different between your new and old computers. Does it sound different
on the two machines which might suggest some kind of format problem?
You might want to make the actual audio file available.