Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bro Barry Bro Barry is offline

Default Is reverb always used on the lead vocal in commercial/pop recordings?

On Mar 28, 9:28 am, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
Bro Barry wrote:

Are you full time? How did you get into this line of work

I started as an intern at Master Sound, cutting 45s for jukeboxes.
Now I amhttp://www.kludgeaudio.com

cool, actually just read the whole site.
Sorry about your Velcro, I have 2 myself.

Do you look at many meters or just use your ear?

You have to use your ear AND the meters, because they tell you different
things. You can't mix with the meters, and you can't set level to tape
by ear.

good point about the meters.

about noise reduction. I thought it was just another plugin, I have a
plugin called, "noise remover" lol.. it works.. but it can also take
too much of the sound out.

I have found that it somehow magnifies the 400 cycle range.. things
begin to get honky if you know what I mean.

I never use it.