MZ

Which shares the same CINCH connector for digital audio and composite
video
out. Could be a crosstalk related problem. Check the J11 jumper on the

mobo.

The jumper is currently set for dig audio and not video.

Or it could be a global RFI-related problem : this mobo is only class-B
certified with silly provisos, such as using shielded everything

But IMO the real culprit is the silly resampling used by Via. Check if

your
system outputs a 16/44 bitstream when playing CD's. If you've got 16/48,
you'll have to circumvent resampling, for instance by following advice

given
here :
http://itx.lincomatic.com/modules.ph...=article&sid=5

Looks like this is a common problem and that the problem is with the spdif.
I'd prefer to stick with winamp I guess, so it looks like my only recourse
may be to go back to optical. Anyway, here's the manual to the DAC:
http://www.zapco.com/prod/pdf/daiisl.pdf
It handles both 44 and 48 (when de-jitter is off).