Eddie Runner

Default ICE Topic of the Week - Component vs. Two/Three/Four-way/CoaxialSpealers

in PRO audio circles it is common to scotch tape a
piece of tissue paper to hang down in front of a
tweeter thats too bright....

Eddie

Daniel Stocker wrote:

Do you say this because some tweeters can sometimes sound too "bright"?

In some cases, it's done on
purpose in a variety of different ways.

Can you elaborate?

Cheers,
Daniel

"Mark Zarella" wrote in message
om...
"Daniel Stocker" wrote in message

I'm not a big fan of mounting tweeters behind grills. I can hear the
difference when a tweeter is covered with a grill and it makes them

sound
more muted. Have you noticed this? What do you think?

It can, but it depends on the grille. In any case, "muffling" a
tweeter isn't necessarily a bad thing. In some cases, it's done on
purpose in a variety of different ways.