Nousaine

Default Subwoofer direction

Mike Sims
wrote:

says...

As I mentioned in another post. The effects at low frequencies in the car

by
"aiming" your woofer are due to higher frequency effects/artifacts being
reduced in amplitude. Often a good low pass filter or other tuning will

also
ameliorate these problems as well.

It is also true that most people are often pretty far off when they

'estimate'
frequency. When I play a 100 Hz sine wave and ask people what the frequency

is
they usually reply 50 or 60 Hz.

Being one that spent a lot of time around huge underground power
transformers, I have a pretty keen ear to the 60hz sound, and can
reproduce it on command.

However, you still lack any study's to demonstrate your theory which is:

"The effects at low frequencies in the car by "aiming" your woofer are
due to higher frequency effects/artifacts being reduced in amplitude."

While you may be right in this theory, you need to demonstrate it
scientifically, and answer the question which has been posed to you over
and over again on this list, which is ... *why* do these speakers sound
better when facing the rear of the car? OR *why* does it not matter?

Since higher frequencies are indeed directional, and audio fans know
this, your assertions sound (pardon the punn) logical. But we want to
see the science.

I've published a report on this topic in Car Stereo Review and I've posted
measurement data in this forum describing what happens.

But the 'idea' that subwoofers automatically sound 'better' facing the rear has
not been shown by anyone's science in this thread. It's just a popular notion.
I've described why this might be true in a given case.

But you're asking me for evidence that no one else has even bothered to make
even preliminary measurements on the topic.