Nousaine

Default Subwoofer direction

"Paul Vina" wrote:

It would be nice if I didn't have to drive 45 miles to my old shop to use
their meter, but it's cheaper than buying one!

Paul Vina

If my place is closer come over here

"Fat *******" wrote in message
Excellent. Thank you for the contradictory evidence to my (and the rest of
the majority of those responding so far) theory, and findings. See, I am

not
afraid to see a differing opinion, or results, even if it supports Tom and
his theory.

I hope you meter it to get some other information on it. Hopefully it will
spur others to do the same.

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
. net...
I just wanted to chime in on this one. In my wife's car she's running

an
S12L5. I have it crossed over at about 65Hz. I played a 60Hz tone at a
reasonable level and listened. Without making any adjustments, I opened

the
trunk, turned the box around and listened again and it sounded the same.
Then I moved the box to the rear of the trunk (again no volume changes)

and
listened and again it was the same. No matter where I put it or which
direction it faced it sounded the same. I'm not saying this was the

most
scientific test, but it satisfied my curiosity. I may get out an RTA

and
test it in a week or two and I'll post the results.

Paul Vina