Posted to rec.audio.tech
Jeff Findley Jeff Findley is offline

Default 1'8" Stereo to RCA Sound Quality

"Todd H." wrote in message
"JBones" writes:
But the preamp doesn't eat up my battery charge!

Neither does feeding it to anything other than headphones, including
whatever you're trying to drive. All are going to be high impedance,
low current draw inputs whether they're labeled preamp or not.

High volume setting doesn't necessarily mean you're going to radically
reduce your battery life if you're feeding down stream electronics.

Most people think volume control as controlling the power output of the
amplifier. As you point out, it's not really since power depends on the
impedance of what you're driving with the amplifier.

I don't have the effort to run it through the pre-amp, it's just not
worth it. I'll stick to MP3 CDs for the receiver.

Does that work through the same cable you're inquiring about?

I doubt it. It likely means he's sticking CD-R's with MP3's on them into a
CD or DVD player that can decode MP3's. Not as convenient as an MP3 player
(e.g. iPod) with tens of gigabytes of storage compared to the 700 MB of
storage on a CD-R.

Jeff
safety"
- B. Franklin, Bartlett's Familiar Quotations (1919)