Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Watt? Me worry? Watt? Me worry? is offline

Default Audio Research VM220 and VT200 amps have serious design shortcomings......

Hi RATs!

A buddy used a SMPS for the filaments of his pre-amp. I never heard
it, but, it was well reviewed

I am not as intrepid. I think voltage doublers are the work of the
Evil One. Sigh. The amp I am now listening to has SS rectification. I
have no pride.

Happy Ears!

Al

PS I used "Jobim" as a keyword for free online music. Possibly even
better than "Wipeout!" Depends on my mood, like the rest of this
planet.

PPS My new PC croaked. I sent it in for free repair. Their repair was
change the MB & HD. Ah, high technology. At least it works again.