Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default Audio Research VM220 and VT200 amps have serious design shortcomings......

On Feb 3, 5:58*am, Big Bad Bob BigBadBob-at-mrp3-
wrote:
On 01/29/11 02:40, flipper so witilly quipped:

Well, we can hope no one's listening because if you're not 100% right
on each accusation you're opening yourself up for a defamation
lawsuit.

Its a wonder nobody has sued ARC for causing spinal injuries.

Maybe their intended market is football players and body builders. Or
maybe they offer an accessory crane.

accessory crane. *I like that.

it's like 'the old days' when moving a console color TV set was about
like moving a piano.

and you've just given yet ANOTHER reason for the use of a switching
power supply in lieu of a giant hunk of iron and copper windings that
probably costs more, doesn't handle 250VAC power line voltage, and
perhaps weighs too much for one person to move safely without a crane.

A pair of my 300W monoblocs weighs a total of 100Kg, or 220 lbs.
Each channel has 2 chasiss, one for audio amp and one for PSU and max
weight of each chassis is 25Kg.

So one does not need a crane, forklift, or be a footbrawler who could
easily steal the Statue of Liberty and add it to his backyard garden
area.

Patrick Turner.