Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Stephen McElroy Stephen McElroy is offline

Default Searching for a Term

In article ,
"Gary Eickmeier" wrote:

There are potentially many of the oldest recordings that are treasures for
the music, but I also love great sound quality. So I wish to search Amazon
for modern recordings that are re-staged and re-recorded classic
arrangments. But I don't know how to ask it - what terms to use for modern
versions of old arrangements.

Anyone?

What repertoire do you mean? If you mean big band you could try
searching by arranger. Of course, some bands continued into the lp or
even cd era. There are also many excellent student ensembles that record
regularly.

nightlights/do-it-again-jazz-remakes/

Please share a specific title!

Stephen