Lim Saw Hoon

Default How to tune a power amp?

You are spot on. Actually i love the way it sounds now. But you know, i did
not perspire changing the sub amp and the new sub. So i thought something
must be wrong. I saw my installer spent a lot of time tuning the amps for my
front and sub. So i guess i gotta tune my sub amp too. Right now, they are
at factory settings and it sounds great. The question is, can they sound
better? How can i know if the sub amp can sounds better?
Thanks.

"Daniel Snooks" wrote in message
.. .
Lim Saw Hoon wrote
Originally, i have one power amp (50W X 4) to drive my front and rear
speakers and one (50W X 2) which was briged to drive my 10" tube

subwoofer.
Not too satisfied with the bass which i could not hear at low volume, i
changed the power amp to 150W X 2 bridged and changed the tube sub to

15"
sub in a customised box.
Now, i am quite satisfied with the bass at ALL volumes!!
The problem is, i did not tune anything in the new power amp. The volume

and
crossover knob are at factory preset, i.e., at the center. Can anyone

please
advise me how to fully maximise my new power amp and new sub? Do i need

tune the other power amp which drive the front and rear speakers too?
Thanks.

So, if I read this right, you are satisfied with the results of your
"upgrade". Why do you think you NEED to tune anything? If you like the way
it sounds, by all means leave it alone.

If I am wrong, let us know what you feel is "wrong" with the way the

system
sounds and we will try to help you solve it.

--
Regards,
Dan Snooks