Mark A

Default replacing headphone ear cushion foam

wrote in message ...
Hi,

I have Koss HV/PRO headphones which I really like. The problem is
that the headphone foam has rotted, and Koss doesn't carry it any more.
They offered to replace the headphones under their lifetime warranty
for their Ur40's. Questions:

1. Is there any place I might find replacement cushions, preferably
closed leatherette? (Koss has nothing that would fit.)
The ear cushion is circular with an outer diameter of about 3.25 inches
and an inner diameter of about 1.5 inches.

2. If I had to make my own ear cushion (leatherette or foam), what
material should I use?

3. Does anyone know the relative quality of the Ur40's? Would they
be better than the HV/Pro's that I have?

Related links:
HV/PRO: Not many specs available on the web, but one guy's has some he
http://www.overclockers.com.au/techs...nheiser_hd570/
(about 2/3 down the page)
Ur40's: http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf...ductPrint/UR40

Thanks,
Omar

Tell Koss that a UR40 is an unacceptable substitution for the HV/Pro. Tell
them you expect the Pro4AA, and then settle for the Pro3AA if they offer it.

Tell them you contact the FTC for being in violation of their warranty if
they don't come up with a satisfactory solution.