Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,rec.audio.tech
Neon John Neon John is offline

Default custom earphones

On Tue, 14 Aug 2012 13:25:56 -0700 (PDT), RichD
wrote:

Anybody have recommendations for custom
fitted earphones, or opinions on this article?

I've had a set of Etymotics for 7 or 8 years now and love them. I had
a local audiologist make custom ear molds to fit my ears.

The sound is wonderful and the sound isolation outstanding. Very nice
to be able to listen to music or an audio book while mowing the grass
or running a chain saw.

I also use them at the shooting range. I usually put a set of muffs
on too, for added protection. Nice to have some nice calming music to
help focus on the target and remove outside distractions.

John
John DeArmond
http://www.neon-john.com
http://www.fluxeon.com