Slats

Default Newbie question: system upgrade

Would you EVER buy speakers without listening to them, purely based on
say, reviews? The thing is that the limited local audio stores on the
island may not carry a full line of varied speaker makes and models.
And I don't want to be limited to the present selection.

yes.... I saw a great review on the Pinnacle PN5+ (now replaced by
the AC650) and saw a blowout sale and I bought 'em. The best thing I
ever did beyond buying my Magnepan's. I also bought the NHT Super
Zero cold...they are good but I would prefer the Super One I think.

But for a den....it will be hard to beat a Pinnacle ac650..look at the
low end response stats when you compare den boxes.....

Look for a pair of used Magnepan's on the island but beware of their
tweeters and that you will likely have to repair them with factory
replacement parts...............

I have a NAD 302 integrated in my den....it is lovely...but so are
some old Luxman integrated and receivers....

Luxman R105 R115 R361 if not abused and L105u too