Bill Van Dyk

I find it rather strange-- or is it just me?-- that I can buy a 50 mm
rifle with which I could shoot down a Boeing 747 (at take-off), or
penetrate 1/2" steel plate, without much difficulty.

But if you buy a minidisk, it is assumed that you are trying to steal
music, and therefore hardware inhibit mechanisms must be built in to the
device before it can be allowed on the market.

Recording engineers need a better lobby.

Minidisks don't steal music. People steal music. Sure, get tough on
copyright pirates, but I should still be able to walk into a Best Buy,
in my recording engineer sweats, with my microphones and pre-amps strung
around my neck, and walk out with a minidisk no matter what the guy
behind the counter thinks.

Or do we need to register minidisk users?

Crabshell wrote:
I apologize if this is the wrong newsgroup for a newbie. I want to make
digital recordings from an analog source -- mostly transferring albums and
tapes to a lossless digital format. Are there any sound and performance
advantages of DAT vs MiniDisc?

Thanks in advance!

-crabshell