play on

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 03:19:20 GMT, crabshell
wrote:

Would I need a high powered audio card to do that?

No, but you will get better sound with a better card. You don't have
to spend too much to get something half decent.

Al

play on wrote in
:

Is there a reason why you don't want to record the records onto a
computer and burn them onto CDRs?

Mini Discs and DAT tape are a lot more costly than CDRs, as well.

Al

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 22:12:35 GMT, Crabshell
wrote:

I apologize if this is the wrong newsgroup for a newbie. I want to
make digital recordings from an analog source -- mostly transferring
albums and tapes to a lossless digital format. Are there any sound
and performance advantages of DAT vs MiniDisc?

Thanks in advance!

-crabshell